Tweet of the Day: THE EGGSHELL HERO
ANN Headlines Now
April 9, 2197
Corporate War Erupts Between Czerka & W-Y
By Iris Dunnigan
MILGROM, BEKENSTEIN– An explosion rocked downtown Milgrom early this morning. The explosion destroyed three levels of the Weyland-Yutani headquarters that sat at the heart of the Milgrom business center, home to some of the most expensive corporate real estate in Alliance Space. Shortly after the incident a gunfight erupted between a “security” team from Czerka Arms and a Rapid Response Team from the MCPD in a subway entrance a block from W-Y HQ building. Although the extent of the casualties is unknown at this time multiple ambulances carried dozens of injured civilians to nearby hospitals.
This is the latest in a series of armed confrontations connected to the two corporations after reports of the destruction of WY-557 came to light (see: Explosive Allegations Against W-Y) which include:
- The sabotage and subsequent destruction of a W-Y transport on approach to the Citadel.
- The kidnapping, ransom and later murder of Brian Wilkins, the VP of Czerka Arms R&D department.
- An attempted assassination of W-Y CFO (named withheld) while she dined at home with her family.
- The death of an entire Czerka Arms trade delegation to Volus space when their environmental seals of their hardsuits were compromised which exposed them to Irune toxic atmosphere.
- The hacking of several W-Y servers by parties unknown and the release of sensitive data to the extranet.
- The bombing of several locations belonging to both companies including company lodgings, factories, offices and warehouses.
The Milgrom Tech Exchange Index and the Bekenstein Stock Market tumbled 200 points as the news of more violence between the companies. Both the Alliance Parliament Committee on Finance and Banking and the Citadel’s Office of Interstellar Corporate Regulations have called for an immediate cessation of hostilities and have threaten to impose a corporate “death sentence” (the disbandment and confiscation of all corporate assets) on both companies as well as the prosecution of their respective board of directors.