Tweet of the Day: Paypal’s Corporate Power
First things first.
Mass Effect 3- March 3, 2012.
Okay I got that out of my system.
Now during the week a big book related news exploded across Tweeter. It links self-publishing with Paypal and sex. Apparently Paypal won’t process payments for certain naughty tittles. Ain’t that peachy! For more on that controversy you can the Tweet of the Day and read the excellent post on Femmedia.
Another controversy involves sexism in gaming, something I touched on before and will so again in future articles in NERD TREK. Suffice it to say that it is NOT okay to be a bully or a sexist jerk, as this article clearly points out.
And now to the week in review:
- Sun: Jenn still has to deal with a curse, her feelings and a werewolf boyfriend in Under the Stars
- Mon: We transition out of February with TV Tropes- Wounded Gazelle Gambit
- Tue: The easiest solution is not the best nor the most enigmatic in WWW-Between a Rock and a Hard Place
- Wed: World Building is back with Coin of the Realm-Trade
- Thu: A wedding in Kent for Arthur in Ambrosius the Warlord-One Step Forward
- Fri: Where did he get that kooky idea? Space for Rent-Magical Thinking
Also a new month brings a new blog chain:
Starting Date: Monday, March 5, 2012
Open to all forum members, even after it starts!
This month’s prompt:
Write wherever the prompt inspires you. It can be fiction or non-fiction, all wet or high and dry, mushy mud or hard-packed earth. If you want to go with snow, hail, boiling hellrain, biblical frograin, or some other kind of precipitation, knock yourself out.
Simply post your blog’s URL in this thread to join. Each post should be less than 1000 words if possible. Read and comment on other participants’ posts if you possibly can–they’ll be doing the same for you!
Also, if you are a member of the Absolute Write forums and like to review this blog, you can do so here. I look forward to reading your critiques.
Thank you all!😀