Tweet of the Day: 3 Easy Ways to Build Suspense
I noticed a few things about the blog this week:
1. The spam bots seem particularly interested in my theme/widgets. They are getting more articulate, but not necessarily more intelligent. But they are evolving….shudder.
2. Trolls! Yes, you know your blog is going places when the trolls start to show up. Nothing major, just a few drive-by comments without any blog addresses, typical troll behavior. Nothing truly offensive, just off the cuff negative (nonconstructive) remarks. Oh well, I answered back with some mild snark and I left them in place. No need to go crazy with the trash button, at least, not yet. 😉
3. A big thank you for all the comments made on my Wednesday piece. Ego boosting at its finest! 😀 But seriously, it tells me I hit the mark, which is always a good thing. Again, thank you.
Talking of days, here is the roundup of this week’s blog post:
- Sun: Kicked off the week with the Sunday Tweet: Branding 101. An excellent post (by Jami Gold) on Branding/Platform for and by writers.
- Mon: TV Tropes Monday brought us Cool Swords. Because they are cool, ’nuff said!
- Tue: I found myself Staring Back at the Darkness, my answer to the ridiculous WSJ article on the current state of YA. Extra points for the authors sexism. I mean if you’re going to advocate censorship, why not add a “young women can’t hack it” screed while you’re at it. Lovely! Kudos to Beth for her insightful comments.
- Wend: A special edition of Wizard’s World War meets the AW’s Blog Chain (see above): White Picket Fences.
- Thur: More cool toys with the Tao of Ancient Weapons. A little history goes a long way.
- Fri: Out of the fire and into the frying pan for Severus the Rogue: Sowing the Seeds of Love. Well, any execution you can crawl away from….
That’s it for this week. I hope you enjoyed it, see you tomorrow with more Sunday Tweets! 😀